Accelerate is a three-year scholarship program that combines corporate mentoring and financial relief for high-potential Australian students from low socio-economic (SES) backgrounds. It specifically targets students whose disadvantage is impacting their ability to pursue tertiary pathways and achieve their potential.
The program covers Years 11, 12 and the first year of further education/training. Scholars receive:
- one-on-one support with a mentor from ABCN’s network of corporate partners to help develop workplace skills, growth mindsets, aspirations and connections
- $7000 amortised across the three-year program to assist with educational expenses and help alleviate financial hardship in their homes
- targeted focus on transition from school to tertiary education
- workplace access and exposure to the corporate environment
365体育足球比分Applications are open to all Year 10 Australian students and are rigorously assessed against pre-determined criteria based on student merit, level of disadvantage and need.
365体育足球比分Every year, we also offer targeted scholarships at the request of our funders. In the past these have included:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Refugee and/or non-English-speaking background
- Geographic (particular states or regions)
- Science Technology Engineering Mathematics (STEM) focus
Accelerate is a unique scholarship program with the power to transform lives, not just for the scholar, but for generations to follow.
Learn more about our scholarship program from past scholar, Shadab, and his mentor Niall.
Shadab, ABCN Foundation Scholarship recipient, and his mentor Niall McConville, General Manager, Retail Distribution, .